Can you believe it’s almost October?! The weather is getting cooler, the days are getting shorter… and here at Illuminent, we aren’t bummed at all. Cheers to cozy sweaters, crisp air and pumpkin (…well…) everything!
In honor of all things “basic,” we’re excited to gift you this holiday pumpkin bread recipe. Hold on to your hats folks, because this one comes with a twist. We’re sure you’ve noticed by now that we never pass up an opportunity to shake things up with a little CBD. And since holiday stressors are heading towards all-time highs, we were stoked on the chance to bring some cool, calm and collected vibes to this tasty loaf! So here you go… You’re new favorite pumpkin bread, “spiced” with CBD.
HOLIDAY PUMPKIN BREAD
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 droppers full of Illuminent Full Spectrum 1500mg unflavored tincture
- 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flower
- Customize with your favorite mix-ins (optional): nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch bread pan.
- Place oil and honey into a large bowl and whisk. Add eggs and continue to whisk until blended.
- Add the pumpkin purée, almond milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Whisk until blended.
- Add 6 droppers full of Illuminent Full Spectrum 1500mg unflavored tincture and whisk until blended.
- Stir whole wheat flower into bowl with a big spoon. If you’re customizing your pumpkin bread with mix ins, you can gently stir them into the batter now!
- Pour pumpkin bread batter into greased bread pan and sprinkle the top with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick into the center of your loaf and it comes out clean.
- Let pumpkin bread cool in pan for about 10 minutes and then move to drying rack for an additional 20 minutes of cooling prior to slicing!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or ailment. Illuminent assumes no responsibility of improper use of these products. We recommend consulting with a qualified medical doctor or physician when preparing a treatment plan for any and all disease or ailments. Illuminent does not make any health claims about our products and recommends consulting with a qualified medical doctor or physician prior to consuming our products or preparing a treatment plan. It is especially important for those who are pregnant, nursing, chronically ill, elderly or under the age of 18 to discuss the use of these products with a physician prior to consuming.
Illuminent Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally-occurring constituent of the industrial hemp plant. Illuminent does not sell or distribute any products that are in violation of the United States Controlled Substance Act (US.CSA). Illuminent does sell and distribute industrial hemp-based products.